Natpet Investments Company Limited (Natpet) is a subsidiary of National Petroleum. The Company is run by a Board of Directors, a management team and approximately forty (40) employees. Its core business is filling and supplying 20lb and 100lb Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders to approximately fifty percent (50%) of the Trinidad market through eleven (11) contracted distributors. Additionally, Natpet tests and refurbishes these LPG cylinders. The Filling, Testing and Refurbishment plants are located on NP’s compound at Sea lots, Port of Spain. The Company has been in existence for about twenty years but its current plant was opened in 2004.
In 2009, Natpet diversified its product range with the manufacture and sale of specialized drums for making steelpans. Today, steelpans made from Natpet drums are used locally and exported all over the world to great acclaim.
Located on NP’s compound at National Drive, Sea Lots, NATPET is one of two Filling Plants in Trinidad with responsibilities for the following:
- Bulk transportation of LPG from the refinery to our Filling Plant atSea Lots, Port of Spain.
- Inspection of all cylinders entering and exiting the Filling Plant.
- Filling of LPG cylinders for the Domestic Market.
- Filling of sundry LPG cylinders (forklift, barbeque, etc); this service is provided on a walk-in basis at Natpet’s plant where customers may wait while their cylinders are filled and returned to them in minutes
- Sales of LPG cylinders to authorised distributors in Trinidad.
- Ensuring there is an adequate, reliable and safe supply of LPGavailable for the domestic market.
The distribution of LPG cylinders filled at NATPET’s Filling Plant, is supplied to the market by eleven (11) contract distributors. These contractors deliver LPG filled by NATPET throughout Trinidad.
NATPET is also responsible for the testing and refurbishing of 20lb and 100lb cylinders entering the Filling Plant.
NP’s newly-branded LPG tanks (click to enlarge)
- Remove seal in the presence of the vendor and ensure valve is leak free by soapy water test.
- Do not accept a cylinder which shows any sign of leakage, damage or missing rubber (also called the “O” ring).
- If cylinder is not to be used immediately, store in a cool well ventilated area.
- When ready to attach cylinder to stove, you should select position which is shielded from heat and open flames.
- Ensure stove and regulator are switched off before attaching regulator to cylinder valve.
- Switch on regulator only and ensure all connections, hose etc are leak free before using stove.
- To save gas, turn off the regulator when the stove is not in use.
View the List of 100LB Cylinder Contractors & Distributors.