The Trinidad & Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) has become the first Service Station network to begin the migration to Europay,Mastercard and Visa (EMV) compliance with the introduction of the chip-card technology. Being at the forefront of the latest EMV technology, NP is protecting and reducing the threat of unauthorized card access for customers,and has taken proactive steps to introduce safer, easier and more convenient ways for them to transact their fuel purchases.
EMV is the global standard for chip-based payment transactions and NP has successfully rolled out the first-ever, fully operational EMV-compliant credit card infrastructure at twenty (20) of its Service Stations, thus far. The introduction of EMV technology at NP comes at an appropriate time since compliant point-of-sale (PoS) terminals and fuel dispensers offer customers increased security and reduces fraudulent credit card transactions resulting from lost or stolen cards.
In addition to significant improvement in the approval time for transactions, the use of a personal identification number (PIN) at the time of purchase, further provides peace of mind to cardholders as the chip cards offer greater convenience and choice.
Working closely with key stakeholders,NP’s EMV transformation was successfully initiated in October 2019. With the success of its pilot, the rollout across the network quickly progressed with upgrades to both the PoS equipment at the QuikShoppes and the Pay-at-the-Pump facilities on the existing fuel dispensers at the Service Stations.
NP remains committed to introducing innovative payment options to the industry, as the EMV-upgrade rollout continues.
The Trinidad & Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) fervently believes that the safety and education of our nation’s children is paramount. As the Covid-19 pandemic gave rise to challenges to many students in accessing online learning, it was NP’sobligation and distincthonour to partner withthe Ministry of Education inthe Adopt-a-School:“No Child Left Behind” public engagement initiative. In two synchronized presentation ceremonies on Friday 27thNovember 2020 at NP’s Head Office in Sea Lots, Port-of-Spain and across in Tobago, the Company presented the Principals and some students of twelve (12) Primary Schools withSeventy (70)brand new LENOVO tablets.
NP is proud to haveprovided tablets to the Principals of Primary Schools from Forest Reserve,Barrackpore ASJA, St. Phillip’s Government, LaRomaine Government, Crystal Stream Government, Montrose Road Vedicand Chaguanas RC. In Tobago, students from Primary Schools in Charlottesville, Parlatuvier, L’anse Fourmi, Table Piece and Scarboroughwere also recipients. As a socially responsibleentityand in keeping with our tagline “For all Life’s Journey’s”, NP will continue to do all inits powerto assist in pavingthe way for a brighter future for the children.
In support of the students: Principals of seven (7) Primary Schools in Trinidadwere recipients of Lenovo Tablets from members of NP’s Board of Directors Marcus Knaggs(3rdfrom right), Nadine Nabie (5thfrom right), and John Gormandy CEO (Ag) (3rdfrom left), to assist in online learning for students at their schools.
In support of the students: Marilon David, a member of NP’s Board of Directors, presents the Lenovo tablets to some of the benefitting students from five (5) Primary Schools in Tobago.
With the confirmation of cases of COVID-19 locally, the Trinidad & Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) wishes to assure the national community that the Company has a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and
contingency measures in place to ensure the sustainability of our supply chain. NP will activate these as appropriate to meet the needs of our customers and partners.
As the COVID-19 crisis situation continues to evolve, NP understands the vital role our services play in the communities we serve and NP’s BCP was developed with a view to minimising disruptions and/or mitigating the impact, if a disruption occurs.These contingency measures include but are not limited to the following:
- Service Stations have been operating with heightened attention to actions like store cleaning and more frequent handwashing.
- The distribution of disposable plastic gloves to every Service Station for dispensing fuel, has begun and NP will continue to support the Dealers’ efforts in continuing this practice.
- Dealers are encouraged to have available hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes for use by staff and customers, while ensuring that bathrooms are equipped with running water, soap and other necessities.
- Customer information and updates will be shared through various
channels including our website and social media platforms.
Work Areas Disinfected
- QuikShoppes are being cleaned daily, including use of sanitizing solutions in high-touch areas e.g. credit-card terminals / pin pads, ATM keypads, counters, and shelves when restocking products in high-traffic areas.
- Hand-sanitizing dispensers and touchless hand sanitizer dispensers have been ordered to replace manual ones will be installed in certain areas.
- Dealers have been informed that restrooms should be sanitized more frequently (and restocked with soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer), hand sanitizer should be placed at cashier stations, and foodservice counters, baskets and other equipment should be sanitized.
COVID-19 Testing and Quarantines
- NP continues to closely monitor all developments related to the
coronavirus and is prepared to adjust our operations and procedures as needed to ensure the health and well-being of our customers and team members.
- We are in constant communication with our Dealers and Distributors / Contractors, stressing the importance of ensuring that Service Station and other employees stay at home if they are not feeling well, encouraging them to seek medical care immediately, if they have any signs or symptoms.
Domestic and International Travel Restricted
- With immediate effect, the Company has restricted all non-essential air travel for employees and has cancelled its in-person participation at Corporate events and Conferences.
- As an immediate measure, the Company will leverage technology through the use of live-streamed or remote sessions and would replace in-person gatherings and meetings with virtual ones, where necessary.
Teleworking & Split-Shift Working Arrangements
- NP’s current staffing levels allow for critical positions at NP to have overlapping coverage by one or more employees.
- As/if required, NP can introduce a split-operations (split-shift) working arrangement whereby half of the employees can be stationed at the Office, while the other half work remotely (work from home), allowing the operations to continue with little or no disruption.
- NP’s Information Technology infrastructure has the capability of delivering our services with a significant portion of the workforce working remotely.
- NP is working closely with our suppliers to ensure the availability of high-demand items, such as hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes,
antibacterial hand soap and cleaning supplies for all our stores to help combat the spread of germs.
- Store cleaning protocols have been adjusted, proper sanitation
procedures were reiterated, and cleaning cycles have also increased.
- Individuals customers are encouraged to take the necessary steps to
prevent the spread of germs as well.
- We urge all customers to take the necessary precautions to stay safe
and follow the advice of health officials.
NP Gas LPG Cylinders
- Distributors / Authorized Contractors will take the appropriate
precautions before entering homes and businesses.
- Guidance and training on respecting personal space and maintaining appropriate social distances (a 6-foot distance and not shaking hands) will be provided.
- Distributors of 20lb cylinders will wear protective gloves and other
protective gear, and Distributor employees exhibiting flu-like signs or symptoms will not be allowed to participate in the delivery process.
- As part of its response, the Company has taken these measures to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 while maintaining critical operations and will continue to monitor the situation and meet regularly to adjust our BCP as needed, to limit disruption to the national community.
- In the face of this crisis NP wished to give the assurance that we can meet the fuel distribution needs of the Country in a timely manner and ensure the reliable and continuous supply of liquid fuels, aviation fuel and cooking gas to the local market.
The Trinidad & Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) is this week expressing our gratitude to the many deserving healthcare workers and support staff of the Regional Health Authorities (RHAs) who are playing critical roles in the fight against COVID-19. On Wednesday 6 th May 2020, NP distributed FREE GAS CARDS to 100 deserving employees identified by the North-Central RHA, South-West RHA, North-West RHA, Eastern RHA and the Tobago RHA.
While traditional frontline healthcare workers are to be praised for their courage and commitment, NP’s initiative salutes the many other deserving staff in administrative roles and support services who represent the full spectrum of services across all health facilities at the RHAs. On hand for the presentation at the North West RHA, at the Port-of-Spain General Hospital, NP’s Chief Executive Officer (Ag), John Gormandy noted that “we owe so much gratitude to healthcare workers who are working long hours helping those in need and NP feels privileged to be able to recognise these brave professionals through these unprecedented times”.
In expressing his appreciation for the kind gesture, Dr. Brian Armour, CEO, South-West RHA applauded the tireless efforts of the RHA’s staff. As he explained, they “ensure a sanitized and clean environment, support patient care and mobilize personal health, equipment and consumable resources quickly to support frontline efforts” and he acknowledged that they are “all deserving of any support and recognition for their efforts”.
NP has risen to the challenge to support healthcare professionals and will continue to look for ways to support our fellow citizens, customers and Dealers as we manage through this difficult period and continue to ensure the reliable supply of fuel, LPG (cooking gas) and lubricants, so that essential services and vital supplies can keep
moving across the country.
The Gift of Giving: NP’s CEO (Ag) John Gormandy (centre front) is flanked by a cross-section of some of the diverse categories of employees from the North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) who were treated to cards offering free gas to deserving employees who are supporting the fight against COVID-19.
Appreciation: Marlon Mason (centre) General Manager, Operations at Couva Hospital & Multi-Training Facility and Mandel Moise (left) Hospital Manager – Caura Hospital, happily accept FREE GAS CARDS from NP’s Chief Executive Officer (Ag), John Gormandy (right) on behalf of deserving employees of the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA) in appreciation for their dedicated service.
In an effort to meet the needs of vulnerable groups and those in need of support during this COVID-19 pandemic, the Trinidad & Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) on Wednesday 6 th May 2020, made a donation to the Foundation for the Enhancement and Enrichment of Life (FEEL) towards relief food hampers.
NP’s donation will aid in the distribution of food hampers to civil society organisations in need, Forecourt Attendants and other Service Station personnel who are braving the outbreak and the most vulnerable families within the Company’s fenceline communities in Sea Lots, Beetham Gardens, John John, Laventille and environs.
On hand for the donation, NP’s Chief Executive Officer (Ag), John Gormandy noted that “now more than ever organisations needed to shift gears and join the fight against COVID-19, by pledging support, mobilizing operation and providing financial support for vulnerable individuals and communities”.
NP has risen to the challenge to support families, frontline healthcare professionals and vulnerable individuals affected by this pandemic and will continue to work with trusted NGOs to help people and communities cope with the unprecedented health, social and economic challenges produced by the pandemic.
The Trinidad & Tobago National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP) has joined the collective fight against COVID-19 by doing more to support households, frontline workers, low-income families and the elderly in meaningful and tangible ways. In addition to the proactive measures taken throughout its Service Station network to
minimize the spread of the virus, NP’s COVID-19 relief activities range from food hamper distribution, free gas cards for healthcare professionals, free Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) exchanges for vulnerable senior citizens and the waiver of refuelling costs for the flight to bring medical personnel from Cuba to T&T.
NP has scaled up its relief operations to respond to the diverse needs of those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in the following ways:
Distribution of 20lb Gas Cylinders to Senior Citizens – armed with a list of vulnerable individuals provided by the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services, NP GAS has begun facilitating the delivery and exchange of empty 20lb LPG / Cooking Gas cylinders for FREE full ones, for more than 1000 senior citizens across Trinidad and Tobago, free of charge. The need to self-isolate, to keep safe has deprived many seniors of their level of independence and freedom
of mobility. Being housebound, many who live alone are restricted in their ability to replenish much-needed supplies and this initiative is NP’s way of helping, while keeping them safe.
Distribution of FREE Gas Cards – in recognition and appreciation for healthcare workers and supporting staff, free gas cards will be given out in the coming week to deserving employees identified by the Regional Health Authorities (RHAs), namely the North-Central RHA, South-West RHA, North-West RHA, Eastern RHA and the Tobago RHA. Traditional frontline healthcare workers play a critical role in this crisis and are to be praised for their courage and commitment. But there are many other deserving staff in administrative roles and support services who represent the full spectrum of services across all health facilities at the RHAs. In expressing his gratitude for the kind gesture, Dr. Brian Armour, CEO, South-West RHA applauded the tireless efforts of RHA staff to “ensure a sanitized and clean environment, support patient care and mobilize personal health, equipment and consumable resources quickly to support frontline efforts” and he acknowledged that they are “all deserving of any support and recognition for their efforts.”
Donation to the Foundation for the Enhancement and Enrichment of Life (FEEL) – NP has begun to work with FEEL for the purchase of relief food hampers for distribution to civil society organisations in need, including Forecourt Attendants and other Service Station personnel who are braving the outbreak.
Waiver of refuelling costs for flight to bring Medical personnel from Cuba –the cost of 21,274 litres of Jet A-1 fuel was waivered to facilitate the flight that transported medical personnel from Cuba to Trinidad and Tobago, to help in managing the COVID-19 pandemic.
NP has risen to the challenge to support families, frontline healthcare professionals and vulnerable individuals affected by this pandemic and will continue to work with trusted NGOs and our valued LPG Distributors to help people and communities cope with the unprecedented health, social and economic challenges produced by the pandemic.
Offering A Helping Hand: an elderly householder receives a FREE NP Gas 20lb LPG Cylinder exchange delivered directly to her home from a representative of one of NP’s LPG Distributors. This initiative
forms part of NP’s relief activities to help those most affected by COVID-19.
NP Ultra Lubricants has entered an agreement with Total Convenience Management (TCM) to supply fully synthetic and hybrid lubricants and technical services. The strategic agreement was formalized on Friday 27 th March 2020, at NP’s Sea Lots, POS, Head Office and is an acknowledgement of Ultra Lubricants’ engine oil quality and cutting-edge technology and reflects TCM and NP’s shared commitment to the delivery of premium products and services to the local market.
This supply agreement with the TCM Group is a cause for celebration for both parties, particularly since TCM in January 2020, secured the prestigious ‘Deloitte Best Managed Company’ Award which speaks volumes to their ongoing commitment to looking inward and benchmarking their practices with the best in the world. In addition to the supply of the comprehensive range of lubricating oils and other automotive products, full access to NP’s technical services is a key component of the agreement.
NP prides itself in serving its clients to the utmost standard and in this case, there is a natural nexus between the TCM’s vision to continue their relentless pursuit of delivering World Class Service and Ultra Lubricants’ World-Class standing as an OEM approved and API Certified lubricant.
Commenting on the opportune timing of this agreement, TCM’s Managing Director, Robert Visser stated that “because of our multi-national Corporate clients and expansive fleet, from a technical standpoint it makes good business sense to seek out new methods and approaches to optimise our operations and elevate the status of our fleet’s performance and reputation. Signing this agreement with NP Ultra Lubricants supports these objectives.”
This is a momentous victory for the Ultra Lubricants brand as the TCM name, like the Ultra Lubricants name, is synonymous with excellence due to their outstanding operational and technical service. NP Ultra Lubricants stand ready to enhance the performance of their already reputable fleet.